Tuesday, November 23, 2010

i'm not very good

at blogging sometimes. I've been slacking, I know. And the server will not let me upload photos at all.
But many things are happening... not the slightest of which is THANKSGIVING in only two days. I get to step back and be grateful for my job
and community
and old friends
and snail mail
and my Nana's cooking
and the smell of her house
and new friends
and stability
and direction
and family
and provision
and my quilt right now.
I love this holiday and all of the memories tied up in it. I love the conversations in kitchens and the big group prayers. I love the turkey butter sandwiches on leftover rolls and the college football match-ups. And, as everyone knows, Thanksgiving is the official bookend of the Christmas season. Which means that Friday will be a day of fluffing trees and decking halls. Cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment