Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wednesdays

In my internship, I only work four days a week.
So, Wednesday is my play day.
New York is my playground.
The greatest thing about Wednesdays are that they aren't Saturdays. The city isn't crammed with weekenders running errands and tourists wandering around. It's kind of like being a kid skipping school. Everyone else is where they're "supposed" to be, and you get this rush because you're not. I get to walk slowly through the streets with no endpoint in mind, I can let myself get lost in a new neighborhood or a bookstore. I've discovered great little places to get caffeine.
I love it.

Last Wednesday was gorgeous, that temperature where you can wear a sweatshirt if you want to, but you don't have to. After a good morning run, I went to this incredible Turkish grocery on 40th (quite possibly the best papaya I've ever had) and got lunch to go. I sat across the street in Bryant Park with my sunglasses on and just people watched for a while.

Well, I'm still in school and all, so Wednesdays always involve at least some homework. I've found some clutch homework spots with WiFi (the Brooklyn Library, Lincoln Center, and the Barnes & Noble at the Chambers stop on the 2 train). Not the most ideal use of my time, but I get to write in these little niches in the city where the freelancers and the preschoolers hang out. After I'm done with my crazy online 19th Century English class, I'm going directly to the Nike store off of 5th and buying new shoes. Then I'm going to spend every Wednesday I have left wandering the city, with SLR in hand.

1 comment:

  1. you wanna pay my fine at the library!?!? haha, i love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete